Monday, April 5, 2010

The Tragic Sence of Life

My bad day happened just about two years ago. Many know that with the end of most relationships comes depression and in this case one of the worst days I had ever had. The story I am about to share is personal, but I will share it for the purpose of the class. It was Easter weekend and I had just gotten back from my Spring Break trip. My boyfriend at the time, Beau, that I would consider my first love was happy that I had gotten back and wanted me to spend the night at his house. His brother and him were going to have a birthday party for their friend that night and there was going to be a lot of people there and a generous supply of alcohol. I had to work at the 8 o'clock Easter Service at church the next morning, but agreed to spend the night as long as I could go to bed at a semi decent hour. At first the party was a lot of fun, and I was able to see Beau and a lot of my friends that I hadn't seen in a while. Soon, Beau was getting pretty drunk and I was ready for bed. I went upstairs to fall asleep and Beau promised he would come to bed soon. At six in the morning, when it was time for me to get up, he was not in bed yet. At least not in bed with me. I went downstairs where people were still partying. I asked one of them if he knew where my boyfriend was. He told me that my boyfriend had fallen asleep in his roommate's room. A bit perturbed, I went in the room to tell him that I was leaving for work. Instead of finding him in the bed alone, he was naked with another girl in the bed. I was so angry that I went up to him and slapped him. He immediately woke up wondering what was wrong. We yelled at each other and then I yelled at the girl a bit before going to my car to leave. Unfortunately, someone had parked behind me and had left with someone else so I was unable to leave. I went back inside to call my mom to pick me up. After I told her directions, I sat on the stairs and waited for her to come and get me. Meanwhile my now ex-boyfriend's friends were mad at me because I punched Beau. They were shouting things at me such as "Lena, how is your relationship going right now?" and other things of that sort. After a while my mother called and said she couldn't find the house so I went outside to stand on the street so she could see me. Soon she told me she was still a ways away so I went tried to go back inside, but one of his friends had locked me out. We all know how cold it is still in Montana in April and I was wearing the shorts and t shirt that I had slept in. Freezing, I knocked on the door until Beau's brother let me in. I sat on the stairs until my mom finally got there while Beau was still in the bedroom with that girl. By the time I got home I hardly had time to get ready for church. That afternoon I went back to the house to get my car and noticed that one of my tires was flat. Then I had to put up with Beau telling me over and over how sorry he was when I didn't want to talk to him at all. There are other details, but this is the majority of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment