Monday, February 1, 2010

Dreams

Last night I awoke in a sweat, heart pumping and very afraid. I had a nightmare for the first time in ages. In my dream there was a man living in my house, who I think was supposed to be my mother's boyfriend, but not the man that she is with in real life. He was trying to kill me and had already taken me away from my house to beat me with a baseball bat. He then told me that if I told anyone else that he would kill me for good. I think that I was supposed to be in high school in my dream, and one of the girls in my classes was psychic. Without me telling her she knew what had happened to me. She told me that I could stay at her house and we would go somewhere that I would be safe. Before I could go over, I had to go back to my house to get the things that I needed. Thankfully, my new friend came along with me to do this. We went into my room surprised to see that my killer was in there. I hurried to get my belongings before he could hurt me again. Once in the car, I realized that I forgot my cell phone charger in my room. I was trying to devise a plan on how to get it, seeing that I only had two more battery bars on my phone. I knew that there were three gangsters that went to my school that I should try to befriend so that they could get it for me. While I was thinking about all of this, the psychic girl told me that we had to go to Fort Lauderdale, FL so that the man could not find me. At this point I awoke in the state that I mentioned earlier. People have a variety of explanations for dreams from giving them a "deeper meaning", to explaining them by events that have happened in your day. I am going with the latter in this dream. Friday night a few friends and I went to "The Lovely Bones" in which there was the psychic girl that was in my dream. There was also a murderer that had killed many people who lived across the street from his latest victim. In the movie, the father grabbed a baseball bat to try to kill the man that took his daughter's life. These themes intertwine from the movie to my dream. I have no idea where Fort Lauderdale came into play, as I have not thought of the city in a long time. Perhaps I heard someone else talking about it earlier and that is why it was in my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment